Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday

It is Sunday – finally :)
I had a busy weekend, as I was participating in an exhibition. This was fun, as it was actually a jewelry exhibition, but I was invited as a guest and showed some of my dolls there. Was very interesting to see the reaction of people, who are not related to dolls and who were actually seeing such works of art for the first time. The reactions were very positive, I have to say. And another great thing – I saw works of jewelry artists; whish was a big inspiration for me.
And at this point let me present you a new girl named Sunday (some of you must have seen her on my Flickr already). The girls is around 30 cm tall, she is made from air drying clay, and she is wearing a flax dress.

9 comments:

  1. She's stunning! You're so clever.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorote, she is absolutely lovely. Sunday is indeed in her best! <3 Glad you had a great show at the jewelry show...it's always great fun to show your dolls and get good reviews! I'm glad you got the opportunity to show. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a positive experience with your dolls at the jewelry exhibit... but who couldn't not love your works of art eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way... this is the page for the Etsy ADO Team I mentioned:

    http://team.etsy.com/viewteam.php?id=507

    May have to copy and paste the link if it doesn't automatically do it on here... once you're on the page, click on contacts: LoopyBoopy (colleen)she will fill you in on the details, and if you are still interested, she'll organise you joining :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you girls!

    Abi, thanks for the link - will check it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found out about your blog because i saw this beautiful lady on etsy! I'm starting to sell my dolls in a few days when i open a new blog and make it a blog-shop. i can't have an etsy shop because i dont own a creditcard :-( here in holland nobody has one if they do not have much money. so i hope i can sell on my blog :-) I only swap/trade with other dollmakers. they give me one of their dolls and i give one of mine!
    If i sell something i want to buy Sunday from you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I know what you mean about credit cards - I've got the one with the vorsed conditions lol...well it was good enough for opening my web stores :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dorote! Thanks for following me also! I really appreciate it :-) I hope Sunday is waiting for me and not sold to someone else :-( I wonder how you let her stand on her own? She got tiny feet,so i guess its difficult?

    ReplyDelete