Monday, December 13, 2010

Dirvolira

Hello my dear friends and patient followers!
I know sometimes I am very slow and I am not updating my blog as often as I should. But here is reason for that – I have finally finished my little ball jointed girl
So here she goes – Dirvolira – the goddess of fields and farmsteads.
.



The doll is made from wooden sculpting clay, which has all qualities of wood.
This girl is 29 cm tall.
She has 20 articulation points. Her elbows and knees are double-jointed.

I gave this doll and ancient look. I preserved the rough surface of the modeling clay and its natural color. I wished her to look as an antique drawing, so I used pastels, pencil and eraser to make shades on her body. If you examine her pictures carefully, you will see delicate pencil strokes around her eyes. All her body is decorated with ornaments of flowers, which are also repeated on her costume. After shading and drawings were made, I have sealed the doll with several layers of acrylic warmish which gives a strong and scratch resistant surface.

The hair of this doll is made from natural wool and it is permanently attached to her head. It can be stilled very carefully, but as those of you, who have such a hair, know – stilling curls is not a simple task and they look best left as they are. :)

The doll is wearing flax corset, natural silk bloomers and skirt and medieval stile slippers. The corset has metal hooks on the back and can be laced easily. I have embroidered her clothes and shoes with natural silk and metal beads. The doll will also come with a metal crown which was made by me from materials made for jewelry crafting.

 Littleone is already listed on my Etsy The link is here
A couple more of lovely details which I am adding to this little girl – a special stand to keep her safe while displayed and a wooden box which is hand painted by me and will help her to travel safely.

21 comments:

  1. Oh, how lovely she is! All of the details from the tattoos, to her underclothing, to the dress and the crown--just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an exquiste work! She is beautiful Dorote, and all of her fine details put together perfectly make her an heirloom treasure! xoxo Christel

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is amazing! Now I just need to go sell a kidney or something so I can buy her..hehe Absolutely breathtaking work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! You have hit the BJD grail, what a magnificent girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just get better and better!
    Anne sends her love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH I love her so much! She's incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is gorgeous. Your paintings are so beautiful I love the collors that you choose.
    Greetings,
    Liliane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your precious coments my dear friends! love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous and delicate goddess she is.
    Beautiful work in each and every detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dorote,

    Congrats on the new amazing beauty! I'm so happy to see that Dirvolira retains your unique sensibility in every detail of her. How do you feel now and what's next?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Mirjana!
    Thank you Linda!
    I feel great :) I love this little girl so much, and I have many plans when it comes about ball jointed dolls.
    I have already started a bigger BJD some time ago, and I need to get my hands to her now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her! She is sublime in every aspect. I commend you on your beautiful artwork! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Dorote. She is very special.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! She is a true work of art. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  15. your dolls are fabulous !
    will you reaise other bjd like dirvolira i love her so much and would love to finc a doll like her one day

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you!

    Yes, Lyderic, I am working on that :)
    I also liked Dirvolira a lot, and I hope to continue in that direction. How ever not sure about the size - most probably my other BJDs will be a bit bigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dorote! I can not believe I missed this beautiful creation. She is remarkable! It's no wonder she is already sold. I love the direction that your work is going. Your ideas are always wonderful and I find myself anxiously awaiting your next doll. Beautiful, each and every one by your hands.

    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is one of the most awesome dolls I have ever seen... your work is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She is so swan-like. I love her crown. You outdo yourself each time you create a doll-person. Marsha, Enchanticals

    ReplyDelete