Saturday, November 26, 2011

Short update on the progress of the White Demon

I am finally done with the wig and slippers.
It took me a bit longer than expected, but I am happy with the result, which is most important of all. :)
The wig is made from natural mohair and decorated with glass beads and hand made silk flowers (those took some time! ). It was the first removable wig I have made, so I had to figure out how to make it not just good looking, but also easy to put on, and most important - firmly sitting on the head, which was quite a challenge, as it is pretty heavy. But at the end I can assure that it is really made well - it sits nicely and doesn't fall off even if the doll bents dawn.
The slippers was another story - the bottom part is made from a jewelry wire which is twisted in such complicated way, that I would never ever be able to repeat the design. How ever they are symmetrical, as they should be. The top part is made from flax fabrics, which I have chosen after trying out several different materials.
 I am still working on her dress and a special stand, which should complete the whole picture. :)

you can find some more pictures of her on my Flickr

16 comments:

  1. Очень красивая девушка!!! А обувь поразила в самое сердце!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good lord, you are a supremely talented artist. Such fine work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is glorious. I LOVE the crescent moon headdress and the twisted silver shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i read your post and all the details and challenges you must find clarity with. i am so impressed, you are a magician and the results are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so impressed!!!
    She is a stunning beauty.
    That must have been an awful lot of work! Very well done. You've created a real masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is absolutely amazing! your work is truly incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stumbled across your work by chance and I am totally impressed!! My friend and I love faerys and the occult and we are hooked on your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so so much everyone! Your words are a huge inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Felicitarte por tus muñecas, son realmente preciosas, soy fan de tus diseños, me fascina la delicadeza con las que estan realizadas, simplemente fantasticas y muy creativas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is just simply gorgeous!!! Can't find the words to describe her!! Well done, waiting for the last touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Dorote!
    I love your dolls! I want to know if they are on sale because I would love to buy some especially beautiful Tender White Demon.

    Thank you very much!

    Montse

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for all such positive comments!

    This doll is reserved already. How ever I am working on new dollies which will be for sale soon. I will keep you update via this blog and my fb page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dorote-Zaukaite-Villela-known-also-as-Tirelessartist/220613296180

    ReplyDelete