Thursday, February 2, 2012

Night Butterfly

it somehow becomes a tradition that I am finishing a year with a black doll.
In year 2010 it was Onix, and the very end of the year 2011 - Night Butterfly.

Night Butterfly represents my vision of Goth subculture - those romantic dark creatures with all their beauty and stunning outfits.
I have been planing this doll since a long time, and had her head and hands sculpted since summer, but then i kept working on other projects and could finish her just few days before the New Year. I felt that I came to a moment when i know already all the smallest details, and it was so easy to make her. She just popped out from my fantasy world and landed on my table. :)

13 comments:

  1. she is wonderful. i love hearing that she was easy to make. every detail, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fantasy world is so completely fully amazing. And the way you are able to bring those creations forward into the world, so fully realized, is astounding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've admired your work for some time, but after seeing this fabulous piece, I just wanted to say Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So poetic like a haunting dream... another amazing work of art, Dorote!

    I hope you publish a book of your doll art soon. There is no way that I can collect all of your dolls both financially and space wise... but a book full of your beautiful dolls to admire would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone!

    It would be really nice to make a book about my dolls. Hopefully one day i will be able to do so :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now i guess this is my favorite ;-) it's hard to choose, hahaha! Yes, a book of your dolls would sell like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so beautiful! I am so glad I found your Blog! I am just in awe.

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh I just found your art on pinterest and I lOVE every single doll I saw!!!!! YOur amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is absolutely amazing. I have to confess to being extremely picky regarding art, but I am completely enthralled with your dolls. I promise, if I ever walk into an abundance of money, your dolls will be one of my first purchases. Mad props to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you my friends! It means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete