Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mary - just listed

...poor poor Mary...
Since her birth she was a toy in hands of men of power.
No one really loved her, but everyone wanted to use her in purpose to reach power and money.
Her life and her death were used by politicians to reach their goals.
Being born in a royal family became the worst curse for this girl...
Mary
more of her pictures you can find ON MY FLICKR
45 cm (23 sitting)
3 different air-dry clays to balance her weight
metal armature to keep her strong
acrylic paint
hand dyed fabrics
hand embroidery
glass beads
hand dyed wool fiber wig

I have put a lot of energy into this dolly, but when I look at her, I feel every minute was worth it :)

P.S. I JUST HAVE LISTED HER ON ETSY

11 comments:

  1. Oh yes Dorote she was worth every minute! She is just wonderful! I love all your work but I think Mary has moved into the favorite spot! She is just wonderful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's worth every second!! You're such a genious with the making of clothes and accecoires!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dorote,

    She is worth it, she's amazing! OMGosh I just wish I could bask in your talent for a day....please, please let me know if you ever come to Arizona for a visit to the west.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is absoutely stunning.
    I have to ask, is she for sale?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply gorgeous! I love the color and detail...stunning is right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you my friends, your words are very appreciated!

    Jayne - yes she is ;)
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/53740688/ooak-jointed-art-doll-mary-of-scots

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and elegant. I love the colors too.
    All your dolls are just out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this doll and your work. Glad a stumbled upon you...I cant wait to see more.

    Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Mirjana! thank you Sonia!
    your nice words are the best motivation to keep working even harder :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I received Mary!!! She is divine, even more intriguing in person :)

    Dear Dorote, please keep creating these magical dolls - they might not solve all the problems in the world but they definitely soothe many resless souls. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you Linda! Thank you for your kind words!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete