Friday, August 20, 2010

My Empress

Some weeks ago I was working on an Asian face and was thinking “who could she become”. And what a lucky coincidence – that in that time I also met Linda. We were chatting about dolls, and queens and she told me “if you ever turn your eyes to east, there was such an empress there…” And this is how Wu Zetian was born.

The story of real Wu Zetian is just magnificent – being 14 she became a concubine of an old Emperor and because of her talents and education she has gained his favor fast. After the death of emperor it seamed that she has not hope for better life anymore, but she managed to charm the new emperor and to gain his favor too. Her path to power wasn’t without sin… well let’s say she was forced to remove some obstacles… But when she became the empress – the one and only empress China ever had – she ruled wise and the country lived renaissance.

14 comments:

  1. Hi Dorote,

    She's lovely! Do you have any video or posts on exactly how you create these lovely creatures? I'm very interested in your methods and would appreciate anything you could send me. meriw@cox.net

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorote, she is absolutelly fantastic!! I am so in love with your doll. Don´t you give an online workshop??? Please, please....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant creation! She is mezmerizing!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much girls!

    Meri, Christiane - unfortunately nope - I do not have any lessons about them. And to be hones - I have o idea what an online workshop is. I am giving doll making classes here, in Lithuania, I gues I could come to other countries if there would be enough audience and the financial aspects of the trip would be covered. How ever right now I am so drawning in work, that I realy can't promis any tutorials in nearest future. :-/

    hugs
    Dorote

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Dorote, I just recently came across your work, and was just captivated by the very unique look they have! All are simply beautiful dolls, I love your very unique style, and their faces are so lovely. I am a follower now, and am so glad I found you, and your work. FaeWee Blessings, Christel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am am so going to have to get up in the middle of the night to buy one of your devine dolls. Every time I try to buy one, she has been sold before I get up in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another Beauty! Could you please post a photo of her elegant hands and are those finger nails? You should put a picture book together of your dolls. I would buy one and I am sure many others would too.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much girls - it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stand in awe, Dorote!! You are an innovative inspiration...much love, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's very special Dorote! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dorote,
    I can never be bored of looking at your wonderful creations. So many details to look at. And the costuming....always fabulous! Your Empress is gorgeous!

    Hugs,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is with me and looks magical in person!!!

    All the beautiful details on your dolls must take enormous amount of time but totally worth every minute.

    I could see how much you love what you do!

    ReplyDelete