Monday, November 1, 2010

Eve

We all have a cliché in our mind when it comes about baroque stile clothes and wigs – the ladies must have pale white skin, pink cheeks and a black mole. There is nothing wrong with that image, but I was always curious how the African woman would look like in all those fancy outfits. I have to admit, that I like a lot the way this doll has come out.
More pictures on my FLICKR

Eve is a unique Art Doll made from air-dry clays, painted with acrylic paint. She is wearing a hand made dress from manually dyed and embroidered fabrics. The fabric is very soft and nice to touch.

11 comments:

  1. She looks fantastic! Her dress is perfect as all the dresses you've made!
    No, i never see dark skin elves,fairies,mermaids...etc...
    I'm glad you've changed that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this!!!!! Absolutely fantastic, this is an amazing doll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divine as usual. I am absoutely in awe of your dolls.
    I will get one! I will :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dona, Monika, Jayne - Thank you so much! Hugs to all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eve is a fantastic. Love her dress and hair.
    greetings,
    Liliane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love your work, I just saw your work for awhile from coincident!
    Thank god to find someting tocuh and beautiful like this.
    I will waitng for your work, and I think I would like to have one for my own :)

    I love her face, her emotion is purify.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Jonson! I'm glad you've found me :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. How about your tiny BJD, i'm so in love with her, it's make me count day by day to update your post.
    Best regards,
    Jon
    :)

    ReplyDelete